Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nashville World Cup Qualifier Ticket Sales Update

According to Ives Galarcep of Soccer By Ives , around 10,000 tickets have been sold for the US World Cup Qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago on April 1 at LP Field in Nashville. At first glance, that seems a bit low.


Maybe people are waiting to buy tix at the gate? Or are people are turned off by the 6:45PM weeknight kickoff time?

The Olympic Qualifying match held last March attracted 13,201 and 26,141 showed up for the infamous 0:1 friendly loss to Morocco prior to the 2006 World Cup. Now, T&T isn't quite the draw that a US v Mexico is, but you'd hope that a qualifier would draw more than a friendly against a North African side.


I was hoping for a gate of 30,000, and I'm sure that would please US Soccer, but with less than a month to go before the April Fools Day match, that may be wishful thinking.

2 comments:

  1. seriously...come on people! I know I emailed about 30 people when I was getting my tickets. I got two responses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goff updated the number t0 12,000.. my guess is that we'll have just short of 20,000. I think there will be some last min buyers and sales at the gate.

    ReplyDelete