Friday, June 4, 2010

A night in Chattanooga

First, I must apologize. I've had some technical difficulties with my video camera. And I actually lost some of the post-game videos from the match. So, this post has been a little late in coming.

Last Saturday night, I had the pleasure of traveling up to Chattanooga to help broadcast the friendly match between Chattanooga FC and Atlas of Guadalajara's U-23 squad for 105.1 FM ESPN Chattanooga, The Zone. Since CFC had never broadcast any of their matches before, Sheldon Grizzle of CFC asked my broadcast partner for the RCU matches, John Moran, and I to travel up the road to join sports radio pro Nick Bonsanto call the game.


The match was very entertaining with CFC pulled the upset 2:1 over the youths from the professional club. John and I had a great time calling the match and would like to thank all of the staff from CFC. We'd also like to thank Nick and Davis from ESPN Radio for making us feel at home in the booth and in the stadium despite our nerves. The atmosphere was amazing with a record crowd of 6,317 witnessing the match.

Seriously folks, if you ever have the opportunity travel up Rt. 72 on a Saturday evening to take in a match at Finley Stadium, do it. It's worth the trip. The crowd and the atmosphere is what soccer is all about and makes it a great night out.

View of the record crowd from the broadcast booth.

You can check out some of our pregame interviews with CFC players and coaches at my Vimeo channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment