Sunday, June 21, 2009

Road Trip Rewind

My wife was kind enough to give me a night out to get my live soccer fix for Father's Day. So, my buddy John and I traveled up to Chattanooga to take in what would be an exciting and controversial match between Rocket City United and Chattanooga FC. Game reports here, here, and here.

Here are a few behind the scenes photos from our road trip:

We stopped by Big River Brewery for a few cold ones. I had a nice IPA and a terrific hummus and goat cheese salad.

View of the Aquarium and the Riverfront from the parking garage. Very cool little area. I'll have to take the family up here in the future.

The team huddles before the match. On field temperatures where over 100 degrees and they were wearing all black!!!

View from the stands in the downtown Finley Stadium which holds over 20,000. A little big for the 2,140 in attendance, but the downtown location is nice. If only it were a natural surface...


I loved the fact that the beer vendor was in the stands. So, you don't miss any action.

The crowd sits in the box seats in front of the press box. We saw tons of Chattanooga FC replica jerseys (the blue ones with the VW logo).

The RCU bench reacts to the action on the field.

I highly recommend that you go up to Chattanooga to take in a game next time RCU plays up there. It's a very professional setup. Despite the heat, we had a great time.

1 comment: