He's running on a pretty great platform. If elected, he will:
- Instant replay for all close calls on the goal line
- Referees for the World Cup will be chosen on merit alone with no limits per country
- Referees will also be required to address the media post-game to explain calls
- Yellow cards will not be automatically given to players taking off their shirts to celebrate goals
- FIFA transparency by releasing all FIFA documents to the public
- FIFA presidential term limits of two four-year terms
- Eliminate FIFA's sexism by appointing a woman to General Secretary position
Unfortunately, he needs a country's soccer federation to nominate him for the election. That may be pretty hard to do, unless he can find a country that isn't afraid of the FIFA machine politic to stick their neck out and put his name forward.
|Wahl running for FIFA President|
Any ideas which country would be willing to help "cure the Blatter infection"?