Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More TV Tidbits

DirecTV Is Awesome!!!

It's not just me who is raving over the new coverage of the UEFA Champions League now that Fox has taken over the broadcasting. Bruce over at DuNord just posted his love that all of the matches on each matchday can be seen via DirecTV's UEFA Champion's League mix.

Another great feature is the ability to set your DVR to record from any computer. I just remembered that I forgot to set up the DVR for the ManU v Besiktas match. No problem. I went to the directv.com site, logged on, found the game on the schedule, clicked record and bang! I'll be able to watch tonight when I get home. Nice!

USA v Honduras Broadcast Debacle Is Not Awesome!!!

There will be no live TV broadcast of the USA at Honduras World Cup Qualifier on October 10th. The Washington Post is reporting that the Honduran soccer federation sold the English and Spanish broadcast rights to a Spanish company called MediaPro who are asking a price that neither ESPN nor the USSF is willing to pay. So, if the game will be shown at all, it will be via closed circuit pay-per-view. Not nice at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment