Thursday, September 10, 2009

Must Have: FootieFox

If you are reading this you are probably a soccer lover and you are probably at least moderately internet savvy. If you are both of these things, you need to know about FootieFox. It's an award winning add-on for the Firefox web browser that provides real-time updates on soccer matches from around the world.FootieFox was released by two German soccer fans and web developers in 2005 and has expanded to include over 200 leagues and cup competitions; all a click away from you normal Firefox browser. I've been using it for a few years now and thought I'd share it with you all.

Here's a screenshot of this weekend's Bundesliga fixtures and the leagues that I'm keeping tabs on.
When a goal is scored in any match that you have selected, a FootieFox goal indicator pops up in the lower right corner of the browser with the team who scored the goal and the score of the present game. This one's in German, but you get the picture.

It's a great little app that lets me keep track of all the games that matter while I'm doing other stuff (like work).

Edit: There is also an FootieFox iPhone app that can be found here. I've not used it, because I don't have an iPhone, but let me know if it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment