Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PWT-blog Changes

As you may have noticed, there have been some changes around the PWT-blog recently.

First, you'll notice a new look for the blog. A few months ago someone mentioned that the colors that I was using at the time were Auburn colors (blue and orange). That was entirely unintentional. As a recent transplant to the area (Wow! Has it been four years already?), I have no affinity for either Auburn or Alabama (Fear the Turtle!). Hence, I decided to make the colors college neutral.
You'll also notice that there is a series of link across the top of the page. One is a link to the ongoing Soccer Bar Review page where you can find the info on our quest to find the local establishment with the best "Soccer Bar Potential".

Second, you may have noticed that the frequency of my posts has decreased. When I started this blog in Feb '09, I wrote,
"PWT-blog was started to discuss the Huntsville soccer experience; from where the good pickup games may be, to playing in the local amateur leagues, following our local professionally run NPSL team, Rocket City United, and even watching our favorite first division professional leagues..."
In the attempt to recapture some of that local flavor, I have decided to focus my posts to local area soccer news only. While I enjoy posting interesting things that I come across and may still drop a few nuggets every once in a while, those types of posts have been taking up too much of my time, and you can find most of those types of things on a myriad of other soccer blogs.

On that note, the PWT-blog is always looking for contributors. If you fancy yourself a writer or are just a guy/gal who likes soccer and has something that they'd like to share, send me your ideas. I'd love to give you all an outlet to share with the Huntsville soccer community.

No comments:

Post a Comment