Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Willoughby signing falls through for RCU

It appears the Rocket City United's announced signing of 2009 winger and Huntsville native Paul Willoughby has fallen through. The Mississippi Brilla of the USL's PDL has recently announced that Willoughby will join the Clinton, MS team for the 2010 season.

Former RCU winger Paul Willoughby

"I love Andy [Zorovich] and Desmond [Armstrong]", said Willoughby. "I just wanted to try something new. I loved playing in Huntsville, but I've played there for the past two years and I wanted a new experience."


Willoughby is coming off an impressive season with the University of West Florida where he had 8 goals and 4 assists and earned spots on the Gulf South Conference All-Conference team and the Daktronics All-South Region Second team. In his two seasons at RCU, Willoughby compiled 3 goals and eleven assists and helped lead the team to the 2009 NPSL Southeast Region Championship and a place in the NPSL Final Four.


The Brilla are compiling an impressive roster and are defending the PDL South Conference's Southeast Division Champions. So, Willoughby will have some strong competition to find playing time. When asked about playing time with his new team, Willoughby said, "I don't know about that. I'll go and do my best and we'll see."

1 comment: